Why Is My Epson Printer Not Printing PDF Correctly?
The Epson printer won’t print issue that you are experiencing can be caused by different factors. There might be a paper jam, the printer driver might be corrupted, or the printer might be offline. To fix “Epson Printer Not Printing PDF Correctly” you will have to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. The Epson Industries of Japan is a well-known company that has been operating since 1908. Consumers around the world will probably know the brand as a maker of high-quality Epson printers. Initially selling sewing machines their product line now includes printers, desktop computers, fax machines, and typewriters.
What to do when your Epson printer won’t print
Epson printers are known all over the world for the quality printing that it offers. Aside from having a great build quality, they are also priced competitively. While we would like to make sure that our printers work exactly as they are supposed to there are instances when your Epson printer fails to work. One such issue that you might experience is the Epson printer, not the printing problem. This can be a frustrating experience especially if you are in a hurry to print that important document that you need.
Here’s what you need to do to fix the Epson printer, not the printing problem.
Solution 1: Make sure your Epson printer is switched on
- The first thing you should do is to make sure that your printer is powered on. This is usually the first mistake that consumers will make as they try to print a document from their computer.
- If the status LED is not lit then chances are the printer is not switched on. Try to check the power cord and make sure that it is plugged directly to a working power outlet.
- If the power cord is plugged into a power source, try to unplug it and check if it is working with another device.
- Once you have confirmed that the outlet is working hold the power button of the printer then plug back the printer cord. Do not release the power button until the printer has turned on.
Solution 2: Check for any error light
You should try checking the LEDs of your Epson printer for any error lights. Common error light is the paper and toner lights. Depending on what LED is lit you will have to troubleshoot it accordingly.
Here are some of the common error lights you might experience.
The Error LED will blink once in 1.5 seconds intervals while the Ready LED is on
This means that the Epson printer toner is low and needs to be replaced soon. The printer will continue printing until the LED indicates Toner has ended.
The Error LED will blink once in 1.5 seconds intervals while the Ready LED is off
You will need to replace the toner with a new one.
The Error LED will blink 4 times and turn off for 1 second while The Ready LED is off
This could mean any of the following:
- The drum unit and toner cartridge assembly are not installed correctly.
- The top cover of your Epson printer is not closed.
- The Epson printer memory is full and cannot print full pages of the document. To fix this just press and hold the power button for about 2 seconds until all the LEDs light up and then release it. The machine will cancel the print job and clear it from the memory.
Try restarting your computer, printer, and router if the printer is connected to it. This refreshes the connection between the devices and will usually fix “Epson Printer Not Printing Black Color But Has Ink” errors.